In the much-anticipated FA Cup Final 2023 between Manchester City and Manchester United, the referee and officials play a crucial role in ensuring a fair and well-controlled match. Let’s take a closer look at the names and roles of the referees and officials for this thrilling encounter.
Manchester City vs Manchester United Referee and Match Officials
|Assistant Referee 1||Neil Davies|
|Assistant Referee 2||Scott Ledger|
|Fourth Official||Peter Bankes|
|Reserve Assistant Referee||Adrian Holmes|
|VAR Support||David Coote|
|Assistant VAR||Simon Long|
Referee: Paul Tierney
Paul Tierney has been assigned as the referee for the FA Cup Final 2023 between Manchester City and Manchester United. With his vast experience and knowledge of the game, Tierney is expected to officiate the match with fairness and accuracy.
Assistant Referee 1: Neil Davies
Working alongside Paul Tierney will be Neil Davies, the first assistant referee. Davies will assist the referee in making important decisions, such as offside calls and fouls, with his sharp eye for detail and understanding of the game.
Assistant Referee 2: Scott Ledger
Scott Ledger, the second assistant referee, will complete the trio of officials responsible for assisting the referee during the FA Cup Final. Ledger’s role will involve flagging offside incidents, ensuring the match flows smoothly and without any unfair advantage.
Fourth Official: Peter Bankes
Peter Bankes will serve as the fourth official for the Manchester City vs. Manchester United FA Cup Final. Bankes will be in charge of managing the substitutes’ bench, tracking substitutions, and maintaining overall order on the touchline.
Reserve Assistant Referee: Adrian Holmes
Adrian Holmes has been designated as the reserve assistant referee for the FA Cup Final. Holmes will be ready to step in if any of the officials mentioned earlier are unable to continue due to injury or other unforeseen circumstances.
VAR Support: David Coote
The Video Assistant Referee (VAR) system has become an integral part of modern football, and for the FA Cup Final, David Coote will be in charge of VAR support. Coote will use video replays to assist the on-field officials in making accurate decisions regarding goals, penalties, and other key incidents.
Assistant VAR: Simon Long
Assisting David Coote with the VAR duties will be Simon Long. Together, they will review crucial moments of the match and provide additional information to the referee and assistant referees, ensuring fairness and minimizing errors.
FAQs about the Referee and Officials for the FA Cup Final 2023
- Q: Who is the referee for the Manchester City vs. Manchester United FA Cup Final 2023?
- A: The referee for the FA Cup Final 2023 is Paul Tierney.
- Q: What are the roles of the assistant referees in the FA Cup Final?
- A: The assistant referees, Neil Davies and Scott Ledger, support the referee in making offside calls and fouls.
- Q: Who serves as the fourth official in the FA Cup Final?
- A: Peter Bankes will be the fourth official, responsible for managing the substitutes’ bench and maintaining order on the touchline.
- Q: What is the role of the reserve assistant referee?
- A: Adrian Holmes, the reserve assistant referee, is ready to step in if any of the officials are unable to continue during the match.
- Q: Who handles the VAR support for the FA Cup Final?
- A: David Coote is in charge of VAR support, using video replays to assist the on-field officials in making accurate decisions.
- Q: Which assistant assists the VAR during the FA Cup Final?
- A: Simon Long will be the assistant VAR, working alongside David Coote to review crucial moments of the match.
With Paul Tierney leading the team of officials, including Neil Davies, Scott Ledger, Peter Bankes, Adrian Holmes, David Coote, and Simon Long, the Manchester City vs. Manchester United FA Cup Final 2023 is set to be a well-officiated and thrilling encounter. These experienced referees and officials will ensure the match is played fairly and in accordance with the rules of the game.